What is the need for a client-server application? Well, the answer is quite simple as this provides Centralization, improves scalability and enhances flexibility. This is the same for an ERP application as well. An ERP application working on a Multi-tier model is a fundamental requirement for a growing business. Sage X3 allows distribution of its components across different servers thus enabling the use of multi-server architecture. Enlisted below are some tips to install the ERP application across two different servers (Application Server and Database Server).
Note: This process is only valid for the first installation of a Sage X3 product on new servers (i.e. servers which do not have a version lower than V6 installed previously on them)
- Installation of the ADXADMIN administration engine: Install an administration engine on each server. It is mandatory on all process, application, database, print, web, documentation, Java and Business Objects servers. It is not necessary to install the administration engine on the client workstations or on the workstation that will run the configuration console.
- Installation of the Database Server Component: It is mandatory to install to install the Database Server on the Server where the Database has been installed.
- On the Application Server install the components to configure the SAFE X3 application solution
- Install the SAFE X3 configuration console on the application server
- Create a SAFE X3 solution using the SAFE X3 console.
- Install the SAFE X3 client on the application server
- Complete the installation.
- Afterwards, it is possible to add the documentation servers, the print servers, the additional processing servers (remote engines), the Business Objects servers, the Web servers, and the Java servers.
Related Post: Steps to Automate Backups in Sage ERP X3
Note: There is a need to install the SQL Server Client Tool on the application server (the version should be same as the one installed on the database machine) as during the Installation/Configuration process we need to mention the path for the SQL tools in the Console.
It is possible to install all these components on a single and same machine except for an additional processing server if a primary processing server is already installed on the machine.
Connect to the product root folder to finalize the supervisor installation: The folder predefined user is “admin”, no password is assigned to it but it is advisable to assign one after installation.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.