In Sage X3 V12, as we know the Change request function is the central function for managing the delivery of ‘change’ for issues or enhancements that will benefit your organization or your customers. As changes are important in the development of a product and for ongoing maintenance of a product, we need to study the impact of these change requests on us along with our market place.
Sage X3 provides function ‘Impact Anlysis’ to study significant impacts on current as well as future sales and profit/loss. This function supports the assessment process by providing easy access to data associated with a request for a design or a production ‘change’. With the associated data, this function can be used as:
- a risk analysis tool for business or technical justification foe modifications.
- a communications tool that supports members of a change control team identifying the potential consequences of that ‘change’.
You can access key information from the summary and the detailed impact analysis using the standard Sage X3 functionality provided with selected fields. For example, you can jump to critical information associated with the change request and into the change request itself. From the displayed list of commitments you can jump to information such as the order details, partner or site from which the transaction was raised. Access to this level of detail supports the gathering of critical information in the assessment of the business case for a specific requirement.
To obtain or run impact analysis, a change request must be at status ‘In review’.
- If you access this function from the change request itself (using the Impact analysis action) a high level assessment or summary impact analysis is displayed. You can obtain a detailed impact analysis for each commitment by simply clicking the appropriate action in the Action panel.
- If you access this function directly from the menu all change requests at a minimum status ‘In review’ are displayed in a grid or table. The high level assessment or summery impact analysis will display for your selected change request. You can obtain a detailed impact analysis for each commitment by simply clicking the appropriate action in the Action panel.
Below tabs Sales and purchasing, Manufacturing and Stock are the commitment groups or key transactions of X3. The commitments and the quantities that could be impacted by a ‘change’ to the product are displayed in these tabs.
For example, if you have created a change request for a defective product “BMS007” and currently the request is at ‘In review’ status then how ordered quantities can be impacted are shown below.
There are various actions provided to directly jump from impact anlysis to respective functions.
- Return to request : It displays the full details of a change request.
- List of change requests : It displays the full list of change requests in the database.
The following actions display the list of commitments for the selected commitment type that have one or more open lines :
Sales orders, Sales quotes, Purchase orders, Purchase requests, Work orders, Sub contract orders.
- Demand forecast : The forecast sales order quantities cover time horizons for each month. These are measured in weeks from the first of the month in which this impact analysis was created or updated.
- Stock : Displays stock status available on a site.
- BOMs : This action displays a list of assemblies and subassemblies that are associated with the product on this change request.
- Routing : This action displays the list of routes i.e. the sequence of operations, materials and tools required to produce or process a product or an assembly associated with the product on the change request.
A detailed impact analysis identifies the individual commitments that could be potentially impacted by a ‘change’ to the product defined on a change request.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage X3, a Sage Business Cloud Solution, offerings. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage X3 for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com, Dynamics 365 CRM and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage X3. Currently we are Sage X3 Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middle East, Australia, Asia, US, UK. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit and India Legislation for Sage X3 to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix Sales Commission App for Sage X3 simplifies commission calculations and postings on sales transactions.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage champion ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage X3 – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage X3 – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange and GUMU™ integration for Dynamics 365 CRM – Sage ERP listed on Microsoft AppSource.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at email@example.com, We would like to hear from you.