A sales order specifies the details about products ordered by a specific customer along with the price, quantity and terms and conditions.
Customer: In sales, commerce and economics, a customer which sometimes are a clients, buyer or purchaser or is the recipient of a good, service , product or an idea obtained from a seller, vendor or supplier via a financial transaction or exchange for money or some other valuable consideration.
As there are three option buttons provided on Customer screen in Management tab check, no check and hold with the help of this button we can easily manage the Credit Check of the customer.
In Sage ERP X3, credit limit control is assigned in the Customer screen, on the Management tab (Common Data / BPs / Customer). In the Credit section, either the Check, No Check or Hold options are available.
Check : Check means that a credit limit check will be done when during shipment processing.
No Check : The “No Check” option as name suggests no check is done while the shipment is performed irrespective of the authorized credit and the credit level total.
Hold : If we want to put customers on Hold we can easily do this by selecting “Hold” option. If the customer is on hold then it will not allow shipment of any of his order it will give an error message as “Undeliverable Order: Customer Held”.
In Sage X3 there is a setup/ functionality to hold an order when customer limits exceeded. Please follow below steps for the setup.
Sage X3 can designate whether users are able to allocate or process a delivery for an order if the credit limit has been exceeded.
- This can be set by navigating to: Setup -> Users -> Users.
- Click on the user for which we want to restrict it.
- Click on the Parameter tab.
- Search the Chapter: Sales , Group : AUZ in the grid
- Now click on the above fields action button and again click on details button: Refer below screen shot.
- Now under this find the SCDTUNL parameter and change the setting as needed:
- The SCDTUNL parameter is used to set the authorization level for users. It determines if a credit hold can be unlocked on an order and authorizes the allocation, delivery, and the invoicing of an order.
- The options for setting up this parameter are as follows:
b.1) No – The user cannot unlock the credit hold and cannot allocate, delivery, or invoice the order when the bill-to customer has exceeded their authorized credit level.
b.2) Yes – The user can unlock the credit hold and can allocate, deliver, or invoice the order when the bill-to customer has exceeded their authorized credit level.
Refer below screen shot for the same:
Hence by doing above setting in Sage X3, we can easily restrict the order when customer’s credit limit is exceeded.