Each sequence number counter is identified by an alphanumeric code. Once you have defined the structure of your sequence numbers you use the sequence number Assignment function to assign the sequence number to a specific type of document.
Ever wondered what determines the Document number of a transaction in Sage X3 and how you can control it. This blog is all about the Sequence numbering of Transactions in Sage X3.
The process of the Document number generation comprises of three Steps:-
- Defining Structure
- Defining Sequence Number Value (optional)
Defining Sequence Number Value
For Sage 300 ERP – User Defined Document Numbering in Accpac
- Go to Parameters -> General Parameters -> Sequence Number Definition -> Structures.
- Seq Number: It is the identifier for the given Sequence Number.
- The components determine the components of the Sequence number. Following are some of the components that can be used in the Sequence Number:
- Additionally, the RTZ level determines defines the reset interval for the sequence number component of the transaction.
This function is used to assign a sequence number (or automatic numbering) to each type of document or object used and managed by the software modules.
- Go to Parameters -> General Parameters -> Sequence Number Definition -> Assignment.
- Select the module for which the sequence number is to be attached.
- Assign the structure code to the desired Document.
Sequence Number Values
The sequence number counters are used to number those documents containing an incremental numeric segment, the current value of this segment can be unique or depend on the site, company, month, period, an additional code or a combination of these setups, according to the case.
- a. Go to Development -> Utilities -> Miscellaneous -> Sequence Number Values.
- b. Select the Seq No (Structure) we created and set the required parameters as desired.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.