Scheduled invoice generation is function to automatically mass generate the invoices from orders for a given site, when the invoicing process is based on a invoicing schedule. The orders are from the Normal category and meet the following criteria:
- They apply to sold and non-deliverable products of the Generic or Service category.
- For Project management: The scheduled invoices are subject to progress billing and related to projects with the status: Launched.
- For milestone billing: The next invoice date and milestone of the scheduled invoices have been reached (budget closed/delivered or task closed).
- For billing with no milestone: The next invoice date of the scheduled invoices has been reached.
- They are fully signed or automatically signed when the signature circuit is managed (APPSOH – Order signature management parameter) and these orders comply with the defined signature rules.
The generated invoices can be viewed using the Invoices function. You can validate them one by one using this function or in bulk using the Invoice validation function. The standard batch task FUNAUTISCH is provided for this mask invoice generation purpose.
- Scheduled invoices until (field DEMDLVDAT)
We can limit the scheduled invoice selection only to scheduled invoices with a next invoice date prior or equal to the specified date. By default, this date is initialized to the current date.
Invoice date: 12/10/2021
Scheduled invoices until: 12/15/2021
- The scheduled invoices whose next due date is 05/08/2019 is considered by the script.
- The scheduled invoices whose next due date is 05/12/2019 is not considered by the script.
- Invoice grouping options (field IMESVIC)
We can specify how scheduled invoices must be grouped when generating invoices:
- Invoice by invoice date – All scheduled invoices where the next invoice date is the same are grouped on a single invoice.
- Invoice by order – All scheduled invoices linked to the same order and where the next invoice date is prior to the invoice date are grouped on a single invoice.
- Invoice by customer – All scheduled invoices of all orders processed for the same bill-to customer and where the next invoice date is prior to the invoice date are grouped on a single invoice.
- Invoice by project – All scheduled invoices linked to the same project code where the next invoice date is prior to the invoice date are grouped on a single invoice.
This blog helps you to setup scheduled invoice generation task.