User plays a key role in a Business process. User Access Is a Vital thing to do in Initial Phase Of Business. The rights given to users allowing them to access particular instance, can be vary from different type can be read (read only) or can allow to update (read and write)follows as as “user privileges,” “user rights,” and “user authorizations.”
In the previous blog we have seen how to assign Acces code to User Based On Screens /Module , This blog helps you to understands how to assign a access code to user which is based on Particular Fields.
Suppose for Example, we want to give the rights of only active/ In development/Non Usable/Not renewed/ shortage products to Particular User .
We have to follow given Process ,
- create the access code based on the Item Status i.e. PDST ( Item Status ) in
2. After that at row level permission, create a new Permission Code as PPDST , the Object For Product code = ITM , assign Permission to screen ITM =PPDST with Field ITMSTA
3. Once the permission assign to the field on screen , next we have to define the created assign code to User with Permission code with the Key required to filter type of Product.
4. On Setup –> User –> User screen , put the Permission created above for that Screen /Field then assign access code by allowing action to Inquiry, Modification, Execution to PDST.
5. Now when User1 Will login to X3 , user can see and used only products which are assigned as per the criteria assigned to them through Access Code.
By doing all the above process we can give access of Particular limited Fields to User.