In Sage 300 ERP the primary purpose of E-mail messages option is to create e-mail messages to send with order confirmations, quotes, invoices, and credit notes.
Each message is identified with a unique message ID of up to 16 characters. We use this message ID to select the message when you select Customer as the delivery method on an Order Entry customer form (an order confirmation, quote, invoice, credit note, or debit note).
In this blog we are going to discuss the details to setup the E-mail message.
New Stuff: Shipment and Order Quantity validation
Below are the steps to find the E-mail Messages option.
- A variable is a string of characters in an e-mail message that is replaced with a specific term or value when the message is sent.
Example: In an e-mail message to a company where the customer contact is specified as Ron Black, the line “Dear $CUSTOMER_CONTACT” will be replaced with “Dear Ron Black” when the message is sent.
For Invoice number $INVOICE_NUMBER will be used.
- To create an e-mail message below are the steps followed:
- Open Order Entry -> O/E Setup -> E-mail Messages.
- On the Message Type list, select the type of document for which you are creating a message such as order confirmation, quote, invoice, credit note, or debit note.
- In the Message ID field, we can enter a unique code to identify the new message, using up to 16 characters.
- In the E-Mail message body, we can use variables that will be replaced with information from our database when we send the message.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration service for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and in Sage 300c development services we offer services such as upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, newer integrations using sdata and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix offers over 20+ Sage 300 productivity enhancing utilities that we can help you with such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East.
For more details on Sage 300 and 300c Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.